Wednesday 31 May 2017

Typography

Hi there! Just popping in today with a quick post with a card I created for the current Gossip Column at the Winnie & Walter blog, where the uber-talented star gossiper Teheerah Atchia is challenging us to draw inspiration from the work of Alan Kitching. I had several ideas I wanted to turn into cards, but sometimes life gets in the way, so I'm really happy I managed to squeeze in this one card before the linky closes.


After embossing the HI sentiment using the W&W cutaway die, I stamped the upper case sentiments from the W&W Bubble Talk set using several Distress Oxide inks and then stamped the lower case sentiments from another W&W stamp set (In bloom: Julie's roses).


I'm also linking up my card at:

Seize the Birthday - Anything birthday goes 
(no sweet toppings for me)


ATSM - #244 Clean and simple


AAA Cards - #91 Happy birthday 
(3rd Big Birthday Bash)


SSS Wednesday - Anything goes





11 comments:

  1. How very modern and arty, love it! Thanks for joining in with AAA Cards 3rd birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly great card... I hope your other ideas turn into cards, too, challenge over or not. Greetings from Île Sainte Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super clever, Marianne, and tons of fun! Pinning!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! this card is a show stopper : ) I love your design and the colors and... I love this card! : )

    Thanks a bunch for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the subtle sentiment with all the other bold ones. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Marianne! I love how you've stamped around the embossed "Hi"
    Thanks for joining us at [url=http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/]Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge[/url]
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool card! Very stylish CAS card. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable card!Thanks for joining our birthday celebration at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you impressed that big bold 'hi' and then stamped the coloured words around it! Very much in the style of Alan Kitching - and you have me imagining what other gems you would have come up with too if life hadn't got in the way! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete