Monday 30 January 2017

Hidden Hugs

This week's optional twist for Darnell's NBUS challenge is a hidden or camouflaged sentiment, and I had just the right marbled shaving cream panel for the occasion, as well a NBUS word die (Hugs cutaway) by Winnie & Walter.


When I was creating several marbled panels using Distress reinkers and shaving cream. I thought it would be fun to try and create some rose shapes in the shaving foam, resulting in this fun and bright panel. I stacked my die cut sentiment with three layers in black and laid it back into the aperture, but not after I had stamped 'sweet' from the Big, the Bold and Friends (W&W) in black Archival ink.

My panel was die cut using a stitched rectangle die (Simon Says Stamp) and I used another SSS stitched die (Bundle of stitched shapes) to die cut a black mat. To finish off, I created a few dew drops using glossy accents, but these don't show up well in the photo.

Challenges:

Darnell's NBUS #9 - Anything NBUS goes
(optional twist: hidden sentiment)




The Card Concept - CC#65 Fresh and bold
(for my CAS & layered card I was inspired by the 
colours and the swirly orange pillow case)


SSS Wednesday - Anything goes




11 comments:

  1. Wow I reckon this is the best looking shaving cream background I have ever seen. They automatically looked like roses to me so you achieved the look perfectly. I am so having to have a try like this. and with the inset die cut - PERFECT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een mooie, vrije en expressieve kleurrijke kaart!! 😘 Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING and a new technique to me! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Gorgeous! Looks like roses! Maybe I should sneak some shaving cream from my husband....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us here at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the perfectly well hidden sentiment in between the design, lovely card. Thanks for sharing at the Card Concept

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe... What a wonderful motive and great marbling! Had my first go at it last night (fun!) but now have to find time to make a card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those rose shapes have come out superbly, Mariann! Wow! So beautiful, I am tempted to try it out myself!! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done with your hidden word, Marianne, and what a stunning floral background you made! Thank you for playing a second time! Off to see your third one! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those marbled rose shapes are so cool and clever! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete