Saturday 19 November 2016

Plaid stamping

Today's card shows a technique I've been wanting to try for ages. The current Virginia's View challenge, which is closing in a few hours, was a great incentive to finally sit down and give it a go.



I used a circle die to create a mask for my circle, stamped the lines (Simon Says Stamp) repeatedly in Memento green inks using my MISTI and then die cut and stamped the stag (SOA Candy Cane Lane collection) in Memento rhubarb stalk. I popped up the stag using foam tape and added a little glitter using a Spectrum Noir glitter marker. For the sentiment I used a previously heat embossed Joy die cut (Cas-ual Fridays, SOA Candy Cane collection) I had lying on my desk after cutting it twice while making this card.

I'm linking up my card at:
Virginia's View - 25 Stripes and Plaid


Stamping Sensations - Christmas greetings
Penny Black and More - Anything Christmas goes
SOS 278 - Front and center (use bits and pieces that are on your desk)




7 comments:

  1. Lovely... I wish there were at least 48 hours in a day so I could try all these wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome technique and a great way to use your leftover pieces to create this beautiful card.
    Thank you for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope to see you again in the gallery.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plaid circle and beautiful deer head, very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bright and cheerful card and perfect for our themes at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensation challenges, many thanks for joining in.

    Hope all goes well with your trip to Athens.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous festive card. Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great plaid! I have tried this before with dubious success... maybe I'll give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply wonderful, and perfect stamping! A great entry for our Christmas Greetings challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete