Monday 31 October 2016

Triple gold

Today's card featured 3 ways of adding gold to your card: gold embossing, gilding flakes, and gold sequins, just perfect for Taheerah's gossip column (precious metals) and a few other festive challenges.


I heat embossed the poinsettia (Winter Woodland, Winnie & Walter) twice in gold embossing powder (Wow) onto vellum and added colour to the back using a red and green alcohol marker. I snipped off a few leaves from my green version and adhered them to the back of my red poinsettia using multi medium matte. For my front panel (Neena solar white), I die cut the smallest of the two faceted panels from the True Multifaceted Border Cutaways (W&W). Next, I added a small strip of thick paper using gilding glue, put the die cut in place and then added my gilding flakes when the glue was tacky. I stamped the sentiment (Happy Christmas, W&W) using green ink before mounting the panel onto my A2 card base (Fog gray cardstock, Simon Says Stamp), and then adhered my poinsettia using some clear foam tape (Kool Tak). To finish off, I added a few gold sequins using glue dots.

Challenges:
Taheerah's Gossip column at W&W - No. 5 Precious metals


LIM - 300 Celebrations and Festivals


Christmas Card Challenges - 46 Anything goes


CAS on Sunday - 95 Flowers

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Luxurious, elegant and totally fabulous! The combination of different golds looks amazing - the effect is fantastic. I love the use of gilding flakes for that "something different". Fab card! Thanks so much for playing along with our 300th challenge at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the gold embossing.Thanks for Playing along at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely Marianne, I always think Poinsettias as beautiful flowers and with the gold this is stunning against the panel which looks like stained glass.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Brenda, gorgeous card! I bought this season's first poinsettia yesterday and hoped the muse would kiss me - but this card took care of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and elegant with all the gold touches Marianne. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your card just oozes class Marianne. The double embossing on the vellum looks amazing and it is really set of by the funky gilding flakes panel. Such greate interest and texture you've created here. It is lovely to see you joining in the Less is More 300th celebrations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These gold elements combine to create a luxurious design - I love the way you have used the gilding flakes! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Less is More this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning trio of gold - the different textures, levels of shimmer and dimension just work so well together! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete