Thursday 24 March 2016

Birthday balloons

I have one more card to share for the new CAS Mix Up challenge that Loll and Bonnie started this month.


I started with a panel of watercoloured card from my stash of panels that I had previously dipped into some leftover distress ink (smooshing). At the time, I didn't think much of my smooshed panel, but it turned out to be the perfect backdrop for my balloons from one of the SugarPea Design stamp sets that was included in the Stamp of Approval Young at Heart collection. I inked up the stamps with distress ink and spritzed with water before stamping. I used a damp paint brush to move the colour a little or to add a little more colour . I also used my paint brush to add some splatters using the same inks. After my stamping and splatters were dry, I heat embossed the sentiment by Wplus9 in gold (Ranger) and added strings to the balloons using a black Micron pen. I adhered my panel to the front of my card base using my tape runner and rounded the corners using my corner chomper.

Challenges:
CAS Mix Up - stamping, watercolour and element of choice (splatters and heat embossing)
ATSM - 186 Anything goes
Stamplorations CAS card challenge - Anything CAS goes (optional: yellow)
Seize the Birthday - Anything birthday goes (topping: water - I used water to create my card)






10 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely lovely, dear Marianne. X Ien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smooshed panel is the perfect backdrop for these sweet balloons, Marianne! Love the splatters, and that large embossed sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pretty balloon bouquet, Marianne! The background is just perfect! It looks like confetti! Thanks so much for all your participation in CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the beautiful watercolour techniques you have used, from the smooshing and splatters and the gorgeous watercolouring of the balloons. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful - I love the sort of frayed "edges" of the balloons! Happy Easter, once it's there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Love that design and your stamping! :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at the Addicted To Stamps & More challenge blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun water colored balloons, the stamping is excellent, thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your watercolored balloons and the bits of splatter Marianne! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday and we hope you will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. Love the background and pretty watercolored balloons. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great smooshing background for a perfect CAS card! Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete