Thursday 15 October 2015

Pink Christmas 2015

As always, the lovely Jingle Belles have dedicated their first challenge prompt in October to PINK CHRISTMAS creations in honour of breast cancer awareness month. What's more, Lauren and Stephanie will each be donating 2 dollars for every card that is being linked up this fortnight.


I had and have a lot of ideas buzzing in my head, but I thought I would start with colouring this sweet digital image by From the Heart Stamps that I had already printed onto Neenah desert storm cardstock a while back. After all, I'm trying to do at least a tiny bit of colouring in honour of Kathy Racoosin's 3rd 30-day colouring challenge and wanted to play along with Virgina's View challenge this month which is all about colouring.

I had already added the stamped sentiment after I had printed the image, so after colouring the image using Spectrum Noir coloured pencils, all I had to do was add a little shimmer using my clear Wink of Stella, add a few sequin hearts from the Bright White mix from Lucy Abrams that was included in the Catherine Pooler's Stamp of Approval Friends collection and round the top right corner. To ground the image, I also added a strip of MME washi tape along the bottom edge.





I'm also entering this card into this fortnight's challenge at 
Crimbo Crackers, where the theme is PINK

6 comments:

  1. Cute! Like that sentiment stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a little bit different for you Marianne but the pink looks really good against the Kraft and for such a good cause as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loooooooove the kraft background with the pink and of course your coloring is AWESOME! thanks for celebrating pink christmas with us at JINGLE BELLES for a really great cause! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a lovely card! Never tried to color on Kraft... thought it wouldn't come out well but I guess that was... I don't know. Stupid? It's an absolute must-try! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love coloring on that neutral paper ... so glad you joined our PINK for the CURE Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet.

    Good to hear that the IKEA furniture is working well in other crafty spaces.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete