Saturday 23 August 2014

Getting ready for SAF 2014

I've been preparing for this year's Stamp-a-faire event. I've been admiring Paperink products for a few months, but never bought any until I saw the SAF event promoted. The SAF event is all about getting inspired and creative, alone (as in my case - any other crafter living near Hersonissos, Crete, Greece?) or with some crafty friends, and this year's theme is about travelling through the ages and I could not resist the set of supplies that has been especially designed for this event.


So I've been frantically trying to clear the table and getting some of my supplies organised so I can have a little fun this weekend. I also intended to get to bed early last night, but then our Kokkini decided she was staying out to play until 1 am this morning. She usually responds to our whistles and calls if she's not in before 11 pm, but not so last night. We were getting a little worried, because the last time she did not respond was over a year ago. When my husband finally managed to track her down around noon the next day (she gave a small cry when my husband was calling her), she was in shock, her jaw was all lopsided (turned out to be broken) and one of her rear legs was bent backwards (all ligaments torn). According to the vet who operated on her, she must have been hit by a car, and it's a miracle she survived, responded to my husband's calling while in shock, and made a full recovery, except for her right eye that she cannot fully close.


This morning, she decided to go out for a small walk and then came back in to sleep on the bed. She wasn't too pleased that I disturbed her to make a picture, but it seems she forgave me, because she curled up again and went back to sleep. Makes me wish sometimes that I was a cat LOL.


As for the SAF event, I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but I have decided to just go with the flow and have some fun and the rest will follow from there.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see where the flow will take you! And good to know that your kitty is back alright... I hit a deer with the car on Friday but luckily my reflexes are still okay and it was more like I bumped into it. It got up on all fours and fled without limping. What a relief.

    ReplyDelete