Saturday 23 February 2013

Muse #5 Happy Birthday

Earlier this week I found this new Muse challenge blog/Card making club where crafters are challenged to let themelves be inpired by the weekly muse.


And here's the card by Marion Vagg that inspired me:


I was inspired by the layout and the bold colours/patterns, so I dived into my new paper pads to see if I could find sth. similar to the washi tape Marion used and found some in the Baby Jane collection by Cosmo Cricket.

I stamped the flower (unknown brand from Dutch bargain retail store) on watercolouring paper in Memento Rich Cocao and coloured it with distress inks. The sentiment (Paper Smooches) was also stamped in Memento Rich Cocao, onto Neenah solar white cardstock and cut out with a Wplus9 die.

7 comments:

  1. The strips of patterned paper are so pretty Marianne! So glad you found our challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Beautiful colors and I love that flower! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Marianne, I love the papers and colours you used. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marianne,

    Thanks for your visit to my blog - you asked about preparing the dryer sheet for a card? You just dry some clothes in a dryer with it. Then you spray the dryer sheet with adhesive, put it on your designer paper or cardstock, glitter it!

    You're like me, you don't dry clothes in a dryer, but I bet you know plenty of people who do. I just ask them to save them for me.

    Have a super creative week.
    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cards Marianne!! Love the happy colors. Please send me your address and check my blog soon .Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is so pretty!! Love all the colors and that flower is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete