Sunday 18 November 2012

Joy to the World

It's hard to believe that Christmas is only a little over a month away. We're still experiencing extremely mild weather over here, which means we still have not turned on the central heating. The nights are getting colder, though, and on rainy days it can be a little chilly inside, so my husband is now lighting a fire in the living room to keep us warm and cosy tonight. Maybe I'll even manage to create some more Christmas cards.

Below is the card I created this week. Most of the materials are relatively new and are being used for the first time (PPs, stamps). The pearls and lace are from my old(er) stash.


The layout is based on the following sketch.


Materials used:
Kraft cardstock
Circle die - Lifestycrafts
PP - Marianne Design, Warm Winter Wishes
Lace - Marianne Design
Snowflake wreath - Verve, Christmas in the Air set
stamped in clear distress ink (Ranger) and heat embossed with
Twinkle embossing powder (white, Crafter's Companion)
Sentiment - Verve, Glad Tidings set, 
stamped in red Versamark ink and heat embossed with
Frosted Crystal embossing powder (Ranger)
Pearls - Kaisercraft

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sketch N Stash - #100 Use any SNS sketch
Catch the Bug - Bingo, middle row: Glitter, starts with T? (Twinkle ep), emboss
Christmas Card Challenges - #51 Double embossing (theme always optional)
CHNC - #99 Use sth. over 6 months old (lace, pearls)
Holly Jolly Christmas - Inspired by a carol (Joy to the world)
Paper Creator's Craft - #1 All about Christmas
Crafty Catz - #159 Let's have sparkle
Polka Doodles - #46 Square card with round element
Great Impressions - Holidays


24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love the colour combo - this card is delightful and just right for the purpose - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 99 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love the design and the colours are wonderful

    Thank you for taking part in the Sketch n Stash Challenge

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to imagine how much warmer the weather is for you will we had -4 again last night. There again I know how beautifully hot it was when we were in Greece in the summer.

    I like the clean cut lines of your very elegant Christmas card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash.
    Sarah-Jane,DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Pretty layering of papers. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marianne!

    I'm so glad you found us too!! It's been mild here in WI, even have the windows open today...because I know this weather won't last for long (lol!) I love your festive holiday card! The lace is beautiful and I love the white snowflakes on Kraft paper.. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Great Impressions Stamps! Hope to see you in December for "Anything Goes".

    Hugs and a "Happy Holidays" to you too :)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card :)
    Thanks for joining is at Paper Creator's Crafts.
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card , thank you for playing along with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the snowflake wreath and the sentiment as the focal point.

    Thank you for your comment on my blog. I have not tried acetate for making custom rub ons. The stuff I have is too thick to go through my printer and it might be too thick to "rub". I have not tried to store them for more than a couple of hours. I think you would be able to store them as long as the ink doesn't rub off on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, thanks for playing along at Paper Creator, good luck, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! this card is lovely and so cute
    thanks for playing with us at PD
    Lidia <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice, elegant card... thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you sure?? Christmas is just over a month away??? I guess that means I'd better get a move on with my Christmas cards lol. I love the red pp..gorgeous..the simplicity is beautiful. And hello....have you stitched AROUND the image??? Superb! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card, thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles this week and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is so delicate on this card - it's gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for joining us for Bingo at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug ... and please come and join us again next week!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful CHristmas card!! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great project, I love it! Thanks so much for joining our Bingo challenge over at CTB! I hope you will join us again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful papers, and gorgeous sketch!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

    ((HUGS))
    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions
    DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful and I love the sentiment piece with the lovely snowflakes.
    Your weather sounds just about like mine...a chill in the air..cold at night at times.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Marianne,

    Thank you for your visit to my blog and your nice comment. I decided to come back and visit you too.

    Ahhh - yes, Christmas is sneaking up, or rather its flat out running up to us haha! Its getting pretty cold here, we have had snow once but it did not stick.

    I hope you get to stay in and create all snug as a bug in a rug.

    blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunning card. So lovely design. I like the colors and love the CAS style design like Plastic cards which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card Marianne. I like the suggestion of a warm woolly jumper in the backing paper. Our heating has been on for ages - it's very cool and damp here. Not a good combo for the old bones!!! :) Hope you stay warm and cosy.
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always love kraft and white...makes for such a great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Great Impressions Stamps! Hope to see you tomorrow for our new challenge!
    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete