Saturday 18 August 2012

Fairy birthday wishes

When I first started making cards, I bought loads and loads of decoupage sheets, especially when there was a sale, and I've had this cut out and glued up sweet flower fairy (don't remember the brand) for I don't know how long, waiting to be used on a card. Well, that time finally arrived after I saw last week's sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to play along before the deadline, but I really love how this card turned out.


Here's the sketch I've used:


Materials used:
Cardstock - Papicolor
PPs - 2 different Vintage paper pads from the (Dutch) Action store (nameless brand)
Image - Flower fairy decoupage sheet (don't remember the make)
Inks - Brushed corduroy (Ranger's) for the edges, Rich Cocao (Memento) for the sentiment
Sentiment - Sweet November, A Little Bit of Magic Sentiment stamp set
Button - came in a surprise goodie bag with my delivery from Verve stamps yesterday
Button twine - Ladybug Crafts Ink

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sir Stampelot - Take flight
ABC Challenge - V for Vanish
Totally Gorjuss - #145 String's the thing
Craft Your Days Away - #52 Anything goes (Farewell challenge)
Charisma Cardz - #32 Monochrome

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Marianne. That fairy is really sweet. I'm sure I used to have Flower Fairies! Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marianne,

    The totally delightful flower fairy card and very pretty and effective matting and layering.

    It's great to see you at Stampalot challenge this month, many thanks joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah - this is so sweet - I love the flower fairies!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our Final Challenge - Anything Goes.

    Hugs

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent card. Magnificent papers. Well-kept Work.Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Marianne, love that fairy. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is stunning! Thank you for joing us at ABC's challenge. Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work on the 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Hun

    Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card! Thanks for sharing it with us for our take Flight theme at Stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining our August challenge at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the papers and fairy, thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete