Wednesday 23 November 2016

Classic Christmas

Hi there! I'm back with another card using the supplies from the most recent Stamp of Approval kit, called Candy Cane Lane. For today's card, I took my inspiration from this card by Laurie Willison.


Because I wanted to make muliples of my card, so I could send them to the UK for this year's Caring Heart Drive, I adapted the design for a one layer card. I also decided to go for an even more classic look by using only 2 greens and 1 red (the same inks I used in my previous post) to do my stamping. I just love how soft and pretty this looks, especially with the sentiment stamped in green. This type of symmetrical design is just perfect for mass-producing using the MISTI.


 I made a few extras to send to friends and family and I might make a few more if I find I don't have enough cards in a few weeks' time.

Challenges:
Beccy's Place - A month of holiday cards - Day 4: just stamping
LIM - 303 Theme: Vintage
One-Layer Simplicy - 33 Peace be with you [I did not set out to create this card for the OLS challenge, but whenever I look at my card, it evokes in me a feeling of peace and happiness)
Uniko - 38 Christmas



13 comments:

  1. So pretty and with a lovely traditional fee but combined with a real elegance Marianne.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CAS-ness, beautiful layout and stamping! TFS at Uniko - Sue (GD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful design! I love the symmetry with that gorgeous sentiment centred inside the softly inked boughs and berries. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous collection of cards Marianne, I love the design. I think it was wise of you to stick with a limited number of colours for a clean look. I love the beautiful stamped sentiment in the middle of all the foliage. Wonderful!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are perfect for multi production and so beautiful Marianne. They certainly ooze a vintage style and I love the minimal colour combo. Thanks for playing along at both Less is More and Uniko this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really classy and clean looking design, love it! Thanks for playing along at Uniko's Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as lovely as your other design(s) with that set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the use of minimal colours here. I always reach for black for my sentiment but this looks lovely in green.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marianne, I totally agree...this card speaks peace to me as well. Beautiful, symmetrical, clean peace. thanks so much for sharing it with the OLS Challenge! Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is simple and very elegant. Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Uniko this month! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! What a beautiful CAS design, perfect layout and use of stamps and colours. So glad you shared your inspiring cards and joined in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I do like one layer cards! Great idea for mass production. Lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Love the symmetry and simplicity!

    ReplyDelete