Thursday 31 July 2014

Christmas in July - FTH Stamp of the Month

I recently bought some Inktense pencils, which had been on my wish list for a long time, and thought it would be fun to try them on kraft cardstock, since the set also included a white pencil.


I printed this month's stamp of the month (Winter Friends) by From the Heart Stamps onto some Neenah Desert Storm cardstock (love the light colour) and coloured it with my new pencils, smoothing out the colours (except the white) with a very fine-tipped brush with the tiniest bit of water. I had intended to use this month's sketch by FTHS for this card (mirrored), which is why I printed the image in the lower right corner, but after I finished my colouring I decided I really liked it just the way it was, so I decided I would simply stamp a sentiment inside the card and call it a day.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
FTHS - Digital stamp of the month challenge
(all participants will receive next month's stamp for free)
Less is More - 182 Anything goes
Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - Kraft Christmas
CHNC - 187 Cute (Christmas)
Completely Christmas - 22 Anything goes


11 comments:

  1. Cute snowman !! Love your background colour choice too ! I have also become a follower of your blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, thanks for playing along in our SOTM challenge at FTHStamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, and I'm glad you called it a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute snowman! Thanks for sharing with us at Completely Christmas Challenges this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marianne what a super card, love white on kraft!
    Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card, Marianne! Love the image stamped on a kraft paper and subtle colouring, it adds a vintage touch to your project

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute cute cute snowman. They're my favorite image of all times and this one is just adorable. Love that you printed it right on your tan paper...awesome, and I need to try that. Very cute, CAS, and an all around great card to mail, too! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and hope you'll come visit us again on Aug. 13 for our new challenge. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 187 and Completely Christmas 22 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry this comment is so late, but I was on holiday in Spain last week and wifi was a little limited and slow!
    This is super, what an absolute cutie!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet, Marianne! I love the soft colouring on the Kraft card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the well-deserved showcase at LIM for this CASlicious and sweet, sweet card, Marianne!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete