Tuesday 1 April 2014

CAS or failure?

A very special card from me today. I had originally printed this digital image and accompanying sentiment (Hamlet PigWit Think Spring) by From the Heart Stamps onto watercolour paper to do some watercolouring, but when I showed it to my husband he said it might be fun to leave the image completely uncoloured. Now that set me thinking...

I've seen others use uncoloured or largely uncoloured images a few times, and although I admired the crafters who did this, I didn't think I would have the guts to do it myself. Until now...


Since I wasn't going to do a lot of colouring, I printed the image again onto Neenah solar white cardstock and only coloured in the clover with 2 green Promarkers. I rounded the top right corner and popped the panel up using some foam tape. And now I'm debating with myself if the card is just fine as is or whether I should have added a little more colour...

My husband likes the card a lot and thinks it's just perfect. So what do you think of my card? Is it CAS or a failure? Would you add more colour?

Anyhow, I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
From The Heart Stamps - March stamp of the month challenge
Dynamic Duos - DD96 (I was going for green and pink, but ended up using green and white)


Cards in Envy - Anything A2 goes (no bulky cards)

8 comments:

  1. I love it! It's definitely a CAS card and the image is perfect uncolored with just the hint of green! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is precious and I love that you colored just a bit. I've done that before and really liked it. I saw someone do it today on the SCS CAS challenge.
    I just love this pig...commented on a card earlier today where someone had used it. I just may have to have it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's an awesome CAS card! I struggle with those and envy those who can make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it with just the clover colored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, CAS it is and I like it a lot! I also still have to pluck up the courage to do something like this... Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is brilliant (give hubby the design credit!). I know what you mean, I would be itching to colour in the grass or shade behind the pig or something, but as it is, it makes for a beautiful "welcome spring" card. Thanks so much for linking up with the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Success, Marianne. I think the tiny pop of color makes more of a statement with the image black and white. LOVE this! Great move to leave it uncolored. TFS with the Dynamic Duos this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable!! LOVE the pop of green!!! thanks sooo much for joining us at Cards in Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete