Sunday 16 February 2014

Happy birdday chick

Today, I finally found some time to play along with Tuesday Morning Sketches again, which was long overdue.


I used a digital image, Birdbath chick by From the Heart Stamps. They have such cute images, so be prepared to see a few more on my cards. I printed the image on Neenah Solar white cardstock and coloured it with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I could not resist using my Wink of Stella glitter brush to add some glamour to the bath bubbles and the bird's eyelids. I used a few Kaisercraft pearls (coloured with one of the Flexmarkers) on top of 3 of the bath bubbles. The sentiment is from the It's only words 1 set by Ladybug Crafts Ink, which I stamped in Memento Tuxedo black. The papers are from the Cubierta Miniatura paper pad by Cosmo Cricket. The lace is Marianne Design.

And here's the sketch I used:



I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches - #236 Use sketch + pearls + lace
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything goes as long as the card is covered with PP
 Seize the Birthday - Anything birthday goes - optional: heart: (entry #2)
Passion for Promarkers - Have a heart
Craft Your Passion #200 - Pick an old challenge: 158 Adorable animals



12 comments:

  1. Such a great card. The colours are so soothing and go perfectly with this image.Love the addition of the pearls to create dimension to the bubbles.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet card! I love your birdbath chick....such a fun image. Gorgeous colors too! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image is too cute!! Wonderful papers, too!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is sooo cute! Love the pearl bubbles! Fun image and great paper choice! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Please some back and play again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the greatest birdbath I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super fun image Marianne and bright sunny card.

    Hope your week is a good one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute image. Love the layout and design you have used here. Thanks for playing along with our 'Have a Heart' challenge at PFP this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those birdbrains - they are so fun :) Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a cute image!! The card is fantastic... and so is the medal collection of the Dutch skaters! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute and funny! Love the image :D
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Seize the Birthday. I
    Hugs, Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is just adorable! I love your beautifully coloured image.Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for February with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete