Monday 16 September 2013

An apple a day...

When I saw this week's sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches, I knew I wanted to use it for a CAS card, except I didn't know yet which image I would use. Today, I saw the perfect image for this card. It's a freebie over at Paulette's blog at Create with TLC. The freebie will be available for one week only. I thought it would be perfect for a Get well card (an apple a day keeps the doctor away LOL), which is the prompt over at LIM this week, and also on the Addicted to CAS blog.


And here's the sketch I used:


I wasn't sure if I was going to colour the image with alcohol markers or Aquamarkers, so I printed the image twice (after using Word to recolour the image to a lighter colour) onto some extra heavy white cardstock by Simon Says Stamp, which is supposed to be perfect for creating one-layer cards using alcohol markers. Anyway, I decided to try my new Aquamarkers first, and you can see the result in my card above. Since it's not watercolour paper, you cannot blend the watercolour ink on the paper, but putting on light layers of fairly dry ink worked better than expected.

The sentiment (Hero Arts Everyday Sayings) and washi strips were stamped in Hero Arts shadow inks. The washi strips are from a new KaiserCraft set (Decorative Tape Pieces), which I had to stamp twice to get the desired length. To finish the card, I added a few gold-coloured sequins and added some glossy accents to the apples and to a few leaves.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches - Sketch 215 + glitter/bling
Less is More - 137 Get well soon (one-layer card)
Addicted to CAS - 22 Get well
A Little Bit Crafty - Clean and simple

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card!! I love this! (These are hard for me!!)
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love how your elements on the card are a single layer and yet every component of the sketch is there. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card!
    Thanks so much for joining us!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is coloured beautifully and I love the washi tape/sentiment mix. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the apple idea! That's brilliant! Fabulous colouring too :) Thanks so much for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, really love your colouring,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your apple tree image and beautiful soft colouring. Great use of the sketch too! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card turned out beautifully. Love how you colored the tree branch.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete

  9. Very pretty and sure to cheer the recipient. I really like that branch with the yummy fruit on it. And, I always love Washi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry I missed this one Marianne, I am going to totally blame Blogger as he keeps hiding new posts on my dashboard and checking this was clearly one of those as it's just not there. Problem is I am not sure how to rectify the problem.

    Anyhow, it's a super CAS card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgous CAS card. I love the apple a day get well theme xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta love a freebie! lol I love your sentiment strip and the sequins are the perfect touch. Thanks for playing at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining us at ALBC, great card! Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete