Sunday 7 October 2012

World Card Making Day

I created this Christmas card today, after being inpired by a card I saw at a new website called Card Annex. I had recently bought some paper tape, but this turned out to be a bit small to serve as a background for a card. So I had a look at my paper scraps instead and found a collection of Marianne Design strips and worked from there. What you see in front of the card are the mini scraps that were left after finishing the card.


I adhered the paper strips to a square 13.5 x 13.5 cm cream card blanc from my stash, concealing part of the top and bottom strips behind the next strip because they were a bit too wide. I figured that layering them was safer than trying to cut them LOL. After stamping the label (MD) with Memento Rich Cocoa on another piece of the same cardstock, I stamped the Christmas sentiment (from the same MD set). The poinsetta (also MD) was die cut from red felt. The pearlescent buttons are some old pillow buttons from my friend's big button box (I sorted out the buttons when I was visiting and brought a large selection home with me!). The twine came from some blog candy I won. I have just remembered that I had actually intended to add some pearls to the left corner of the top strip but I forgot, because I was in a hurry to link the card up to some WCMD challenges and events. I may still add them later LOL.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Marianne's Design Divas - Stamp something
Alphabet Challenge - #74 R for recycle, upcycle
Papertake Weekly - #79 Anything goes (celebrate)
Crafts and Me - #104 My sentiments exactly
Delightful Challenges - Winter holiday
Sparkles Christmas Challenge - #21 Traditional
Sentimental Sundays - #123 Anything goes

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Those scraps sure look pretty together. Great way to get the most from your papers.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant card!

    Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this time
    Good luck in the draw

    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marianne,

    Thanks for your lovely words and thought I'd better come and answer your questions now before I forget.

    Everything is IKEA kitchen range with the exception of the double door stamp cupboard and that is actually an educational piece of furniture made by a company in Nottingham. Oh and the paper drawers, they are from a craft storage on lien company, can't remember their name but is something simple like storage for crafts.

    Your card has a lovely crisp clean feel to it yet wonderfully traditional in the colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! It is so stunning!

    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays challenge!

    Sandy S
    SSSDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marianne, the card is beautiful! Thanks for reading Card Annex!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me with this lovely card. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marianne, your red felt poinsettia looks fabulous with your tag on this pretty red and white card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "My Sentiments Exactly!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so sweet, what a pretty creation. Thanks for sharing with us on Sparkles Christmas Challenge this month, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love your use of scraps! Thanks for taking part in Sparkles Christmas Challenge and the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card. Love the red and white. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you again next week.

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great card, I'm sorry that it didn't make it on our blog. Anyway just so you know I checked it out and I love it. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty red and white card..great way to use those paper strips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely beautiful card. I love the simplicity of it. Red is such a gorgeous color. Thank you for the wonderful comments on my blog.

    Hugs,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dank je wel voor je leuke berichtje op mijn blog! Het vosje is zeker een schatje en die ga ik vast nog wel vaker gebruiken.
    Heb je al eens meegedaan aan een challenge bij Meljen's Design? Maak je elke week kans om wel 3 digi's te winnen van haar! Kan je mooi de vos nemen of andere leuke digi's :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for adding the link for my new CHNC challenge extra blog - don't forget to join in the candy draw by entering via the linky on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful card! I guess you've passed on the inspiration... I have to sit down and see what I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete